Well, we have made it to Friday again. Yeah! It absolutely poured and poured last night and today. Our newly-planted plants all got watered very well! This is a great thing as it meant not using our precious tank water to water them AND we got lots of water into the tanks! A double amen! :)
We have received LOTS of garden-fresh produce from generous friends (thanks to the Masters, Clems, Mantles, Lyn & Di!!) and I have been busy using it up, making jam, preserving it and freezing it! Today I put more than 5kg of peaches (without the stone) into the freezer! I laid them in layers on a baking tray to freeze and then, when they were individually frozen, I put them into smaller freezer bags to use in the winter. I now have peaches, apricots & blueberries aplenty in the freezer, have made numerous batches of jam, and am canning tomatoes and preserving lemons! Whew! But, oh, won't it be lovely to enjoy these things when the weather turns cold and they are no longer in season and plentiful!
![]() |
| Hundreds of peaches - peaches for me! |
We are headed to the Clem's house for dinner tonight with a Beef & Red Wine Pie with Spelt Pastry in hand. It will be lovely to spend another evening with this lovely family!

No comments:
Post a Comment