We have done very little today (I think we all needed a rest!) except for Craig who, of course, had to go to work. We did a few errands this morning: checked our new post box (as we don't live on a mail run), purchased some essentials from the grocery store, explored the local Health/Organic store and so on.
I was amazed to find this stash of Homer Hudson ice-cream in the local grocery store. It's a funny story... I have a friend (we will call her the Hungry Herbivore so that she remains anonymous!) who has been boasting to me for the last 12 months about this amazing ice-cream that she seems to be addicted to. The bizarre thing is that every time I looked for the HH ice-cream at the stores she told me to look at... it wasn't there. Ever. And so I was denied the opportunity to try this apparently amazing ice-cream for the last 12 months. Imagine my surprise when I travel 3500+km across the country and find it in plentiful supply in a town of 13000 people! I can only presume that the reason I could never find it previously is that Hungry Herbivore had cleaned the stores out! However, as we have eaten our way across the country, I decided NOT to purchase the HH ice-cream today... hoping that I may be able to still access it in the future (at least until Hungry Herbivore comes to visit!)... :)
We had left-over pizza from our night out at Murray Bridge (along our travels) for dinner tonight... back to real cooking tomorrow night!
I enjoyed these beautiful sunset views this evening from my kitchen sink and then from the deck (on the opposite side of the house)... photos never do them justice - they were stunning!
I enjoyed these beautiful sunset views this evening from my kitchen sink and then from the deck (on the opposite side of the house)... photos never do them justice - they were stunning!


No comments:
Post a Comment